FACT: The UK Charity Commission currently holds the details of over 180,000 charities in their database.
QUESTION: How do you choose?
- Charity giving should be made easier and supporters should be able to connect with the cause
they are giving to.
- We aim to be the simple site that puts more detail in your choices
- Search: categories/subcategories, ways to give, random generated
- Read: individual charity descriptions, comments and blog posts
- The smaller, less well known charities should have equal exposure to the larger, better known charities, when they are presented
to the public.
- There are a vast number of charities out there, many of which are very similar. This makes it near impossible to choose between them without a real understanding
of their differences.
- When people do not know why they are choosing a charity - except for the fact that they know of it - they are not truly, we believe, connecting with the cause.
- Encouraging people to see that there is not one cause for one charity and that they can find a charity close to their heart easily, through our site, will help them
- Which Charity believes that the public should have equal exposure to the larger and the smaller charities because the smaller ones cannot always afford to advertise.
Who are we?
- We are a group of students entering university level/gap year level, but are engaged with this project long-term.
- Which Charity was born out of ideas which later formed our aims and the facilities you can now use on our site.
- As students, we are volunteering to do this project and therefore we are a non-profit website. Please see our disclaimer for more information.
With thanks to:
Water Aid - Marco Betti - 2007
Border Collie Trust
for allowing us to feature their charities in this short promo video.